Your belly button is actually quite high on your list of the sexiest parts of your body, isn’t it?
And you have to agree that wearing a great looking belly button ring makes it far more attractive!
They say belly button piercing went mainstream in the early 90ies when Aerosmith aired their new video Cryin’ where Alicia Silverstone got her navel pierced. Before that body piercing wasn’t as popular as it is now and belonged to more specific groups of society like punks and ‘rebellious youths’!
Adding to that many top models appeared before public sporting embellished belly buttons. Supermodel Christy Turlington walked out at a London Fashion show sporting a belly button ring. The next day Naomi Campbell showed off her navel sporting a gold belly ring.
After Christy and Naomi many celebrities started to appear in public wearing navel jewelry. More and more girls followed them…
The message was clear – ANYONE CAN DO IT!
If you have recently had your belly (or any other part of your body pierced), join others who have submitted their belly button piercing stories and tell about where and how you got pierced, how you treated your new piercing and where you shop for the belly button rings! When your story is published on our site (here’s a good example of a piercing story sent in by one of our readers) we will send you free body jewelry – you don’t even have to pay postage!
Or maybe you consider getting navel piercing? Before you make the decision to get your navel pierced, there are a few things you have to take into your account:
- you have to find a good piercer who you can trust and get your navel piercing done without a fuss,
- you can buy a belly button ring for your first time navel piercing yourself – you just have to know the materials which are safe for fresh piercings,
- you should know belly button piercing aftercare recommendations because a fresh piercing is a wound and has to be treated as such,
- understand that belly piercing is essentially a surface piercing and can take 6-9 months to heal properly!
- be aware that anyone can get a belly button ring infection and you’re better off taking really good care of your fresh navel piercing,
- belly piercing jewelry threading is an important thing if you consider buying a high quality belly button ring,
- apart from standard sized navel rings you can choose from many belly button ring sizes available at online stores.If you got your navel piercing a few months ago and now it looks pretty well, you can
change your belly ring for a new one. From this moment and on you can wear as many belly rings as you like – there’s no limit to the expressions of you personality that belly button piercing offers you!Piercing your navel isn’t the same as piercing a lip or an eyebrow – your piercing won’t be seen unless you want it to be. From 16 to 40, belly rings are suitable for all people of all ages.