By Brooke, from Maryland.
i’ve wanted my belly button pierced for as long as i can remember now.
i asked my mom if she would take me to get it done, but she instantly said no, i was too young! i’m fifteen, by the way.
i began to protest but it didn’t help at all:(
i got really upset but i wasn’t going to let her tell me what to do.
i decided to pierce it myself.
i went online to read how to do it the correct way, and even watched some professional videos on youtube.
the videos were so helpful, i strongly suggest watching them if you ear going to pierce your own belly button.
i also ordered a professional piercing needle from titaniumonly.com . it was only about about two dollars, and well worth it!
after i was throughly prepared, i gathered my tools.
-14g hollow piercing needle
1) i marked the spot where i wanted the piercing and put on gloves
2) i put alchohol all over the area to prevent infection
3) i started at the botton and worked my way upwards so that i could easil but the belly ring in.
4) at first i went slow but then i just pushed it through
5) after the needle was completly in, i put the belly button ring through the bottom of the needle and began to pull it all the way out of the top.
this was the most painful part for me.
6) i put the top ball on and cleaned it more with alcohol
it took about one month to heal, and it hurt really bad through the healing process.
i almost decided to take it out but i’m glad that i didn’t.
i used non iodine sea salt to clean it everyday.
my parents still don’t know about it, i’m trying to build up my courage to tell them:P
oh, and if you decide to pierce your own belly button, please make sure you use a clamp! that was a mistake that i made and mine is kind of crooked.
but other than that, it turned out great!