Precious stones are called precious for a reason! They cost a lot more than normal body jewelry!! And diamonds are the most precious of all stones. This means that caring for your diamond belly jewelry is very important. One of the best things about diamonds is the eye catching sparkle that they offer. To keep them sparkling you have to make sure that your diamond is free of dirt, chips, and scratches. These things will surely take away from the luster of your diamond. Diamond belly jewelry will last forever with the proper care so it is important to know how to properly care for your diamonds.
- Always store your diamond belly rings individually. Because diamonds are so hard they can easily scratch one and other. Store them in a jewelry box that has separate fabric liners or even in the box that they came in.
- When you are doing certain chores or work you might want to take off diamond jewelry. There is always a chance that you could scratch or chip your diamond. It is even possible that the setting could loosen and the stone could fall out.
- When you are using abrasive cleaners such as bleach or other abrasive chemicals remove your diamonds too. Some cleaners can discolor your diamond. If your diamond belly jewelry is covered, this shouldn’t be a problem!
- Your diamond belly jewelry should be cleaned on a regular basis. It is fine to use a simple mild soap and water solution or a commercial jewelry cleaner. Let your diamonds soak for a while and then use a gentle brush (a toothbrush works well) to remove any dirt. Rinse your diamond with clear water. Some people prefer to use a solution of half water and half ammonia.
- It is a good idea to have your diamond belly jewelry cleaned by a professional once or twice a year. This is also a good time for the professionals to repair any loose settings or prongs too.
- Take a few minutes each week or so to thoroughly inspect your diamond belly jewelry and their settings. Settings can loosen periodically and a simple check can stop any costly problems later on.
Depending on where you wear your diamond you have to consider that rings get full of all types of gunk from hair care products, various lotions, and even from everyday household cleaning. Films develop and can take away the luster your diamond once had. Diamond earrings often take a lot of abuse too from hairspray, gels, and mousse. Necklaces and body jewelry don’t take as much abuse but do get more dirt on them than you might expect. These things will make your diamonds look very dull and they just will not stand out and glisten like they once did.
All you have to do is remember that diamonds will make you very proud if you just care for them. Toss them gently into the cleaner that you have selected and let them soak overnight. By morning they will look shiny and new. Remember to examine them periodically and make sure nothing is loose. Also, understand how to store and care for your diamonds when you are not wearing them so they don’t get scratched. Following these tips will ensure that you have beautiful diamonds that will last a lifetime.